In terms of how to help the homeless, there is really no wrong way to help and assist. Any help is beneficial for the community in general. If you are wondering on whether your money or your time would be a better donation; either contribution is helpful as both are important in their own way.
Here are ideas of what to donate
- Serve a Meal
- Lunch (11 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Dinner (6 to 8 p.m.)
- Holiday Meals (2 and 4 p.m.)
- Spring 5K Race Event
- Food Drives
- Coffee Cups
- Men’s Clothing
- Hygene Kits
- Make a One-time Donation
- Become a Monthly Angel ($15 per month)
- Subscribe to the Homeless Voice Newspaper ($25 per month)
- Sponsor an Event
- Advertise in the Homeless Voice Newspaper
- Mail a Anonymous Check
Giving money will provide clothing, education, food, and shelter. It will help the homeless in more ways than you may realize and the more money that is given, the more services and help can be provided. But giving money is not the only way to help – you or your friends and family can also give your time to the homeless.
Giving time is just as valuable as giving money. You can spend your time volunteering for meal times, or working on projects that will benefit the homeless, and overall, be there as a support and anchor when times get tough. During the holidays, many people love to feed the homeless and assist with meals. The Homeless Voice loves the holiday help, but would also like to kindly remind everyone that help is needed more on days that are not holidays.
While many look past the homeless, caught up in their own busy world, you can do something. If you have a desire to help, then give to the homeless, be it money or your time. Your contribution helps provide hope to some of those who need it most.
BECOME A MONTHLY ANGEL
[btn_primary url=”https://www.homelessvoice.org/donate-monthly/” target=”_self” position=”left”] Sign Me Up! [/btn_primary] *Choose payment method on the next page.
MONTHLY ANGEL BENEFITS
- Have piece of mind in knowing that you helped keep a homeless family off the streets.
- You or your business name will appear in the Homeless Voice Newspaper, which currently has over 100,000 copies in circulation.
- GIVE BACK by signing up for a Homeless Voice Newspaper monthly subscription! All proceeds are reinvested back into the Homeless Voices Project.
- Advertise with The Homeless Voice Newspaper. With over 100,000 copies now in circulation!